Saturday, December 11, 2010

3 days!

The nerves are setting in! Our anticipation is growing as we are trying to finish some last minute Christmas shopping, parties, and fun. We also have not packed for ourselves yet. All donations and all things for our babies are packed. So Darin and I need to get on that soon :)
But there are some exciting things happening here...
Thursday night we met with Karl and Danielle Black and it is official. We are starting a not for profit organization. Our vision is becoming more clear and it is very exciting. We will be focusing on African aid, here and abroad. Lots more to come on that!!
Then yesterday my sweet baby Claire turned 2! I can not believe it. She is growing beautifully! One of her new favorite things is to try to prolong bed time by praying for EVERYONE she can possibly think of. It melts my heart and even tho right now her intentions are to stay up longer my prayer is that her compassion and love for people grows through her LONG prayers. :)
Today we have 2 Christmas parties. The 1st one is with Darin's side of the family. So all of the cousins will be together (minus 2 who are still in Ethiopia) And they will be spoiled with all kinds of gifts from Grandpa and Grandma. Then this evening we will venture down to Fort Wayne for Darin's firm party. That is always a good time for me to put faces with names I hear Darin talk about all year. :)
Sunday is church. I am excited to worship and spend time with church family right before we leave. Monday Claire has her 2 year check up and shots and I will need to do my last minute shopping for the trip. And Tuesday off we go!
So we still have a lot going on! Life is fun and exciting. And I am so thankful to God who is blessing us!

No comments: