Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Crazy November

Wow looking back November has been insane. I am so very thankful that it has been all "good" insane. We have been doing so much celebrating and planning this month.
To start the month off I had picked up an extra day a week at work. So I now work 2 days a week. Even tho it does not sound like a lot I was very comfortable just working one. :)So that jammed up my weeks a little. But we need the $, plus it is right before the holidays so it made my clients happy because it made it easier to get in. It is all good!
But then we also decided to book our flights!!! So at the beginning of this month we did that. And now the seriousness of planning and packing for a huge 10 day trip to Ethiopia, Africa is real!!
My dad turned 50 and we threw a surprise party for him. So there was lots of planning and shopping for that. PS He was totally surprised.
And then it was 2 Thanksgiving meals on turkey day. We went to Darin's parents for lunch. And the whole family was there. It was awesome. There we probably 50 people!! Then to my parents for dinner and there were probably 30 people there!
Every Friday night we have our God Son Tariku spend the night and then Saturday is full of indoor soccer. Its a blast and that now fills our weekends.
I have been working on the Ordinary Hero fundraiser. Trying to sell those shirts.
My lovely friend Danielle and I are dreaming big!!! Check out her blog at www.daniellesdance.blogspot.com (more on that to come soon!!!) But that has also consumed a lot of my thoughts. All I can say is that life is so exciting and I feel humbled and blessed when I think of the loving, supportive people in my life.


/>
My Mom and Dad on my dad's 50th birthday. They still look like a couple of teenagers! Love them
My dad's new hobby is making a boat. So one of his friends though it would be funny to make a mini Arc with my dad on it. So funny Millers!





Surprise!!!!!

Oh the pre teens in my life....

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Ohhh! I just read this! You are so precious. I like your "teaser." Now I know I can, too :) I love and appreciate you. God is so good, isn't he? Congrats again on the t-shirt grant. I'm so happy how God is showing himself SO faithful...once again, right? FYI-I randomly clicked on my name and it didn't take me to my blog. Just thought I'd tell ya (since my bi-quarterly posts must be read! Ha!) XOXO. 11 more days!!!!