Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cancer...They got it all!

Cancer...
What a scary word!
I have told you all that I will keep it real on here. But there is a fine line between what you share on a blog and what you tell your close friends. So I am sharing this now because... well the cancer is all gone. (Almost) There is still a spot of pre-cancerous cells on my nose. Next week I will use a chemotherapy creme that I will apply 2 times a week at home. The creme will bring the cells up and burn them off in about a weeks time...sound fantastic right?!?!

I was told if you have to have cancer this is the very best cancer to have ...pheeww.

It is not life threatening...pheeww

It will just take a surgery to remove the cancer...pheeww

So that is what happened today. I went in and had a spot of Basal Cell Carcinoma removed off my upper lip. Unfortunately they did not get it all the 1st time and I had to wait for about an hour and then they had to numb me up again and remove more skin. After 4 and a half hours and 11 stitches it was over. Praising God that was all it was!!
It is really hard to look cute with this giant thing on my face!! :)
I tried to smile but I just ended up looking REALLY MAD!!

It is funny the babies just stare at it the giant wound and Claire just wants to touch it.
I love their sweet innocent hearts.
It is amazing how when your health is in question
everything truly becomes more beautiful and bright!
Thank you God for giving me the opportunity to continue to be healthy
and watch my children grow.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sorry you had to go through that, but I'm so glad you are going to be okay. God knows how valuable you are here on Earth to SO many! xoxo

Tracy said...

Jo, Been there done that. I too, had the dreaded C word. I had a mole gone wild, Melanoma. It was very scary. I am so sorry you are dealing with this right now. When it rains, it pours sometimes. But God knows what he is doing and He wont' give you more than you can handle.
Prayers coming your way for fast healing and understanding babies :)
love ya,
Tracy

Joe and Alice Waarvik said...

I am so sorry you had to go through that. Praying the rest is quick and easy and that God carries you through every bit of it.
Thanks for sharing.
Alice