Saturday, September 10, 2011

Doing "IT" quitely.



There are many, MANY things I have learned how to do quietly.

Why???... you might ask,
did learning how to do things quietly
become big enough to make an entire post out of?

Well this is why ...



Because there is nothing more precious
to a momma of three,
then three sleeping little loves.

And there is NOTHING worse to a lover of three little kiddos then accidentally waking one of them up and getting this reaction...


I want to give you a little list of all the things that I have learned how to do quietly

Here I go, The small list of things I have learned to do quietly,


1. Walk. It is amazing how much noise you can make just by walking down the hall!

2. Blow dry my hair..I close my bedroom door and then go into my closet and close that door too.

3.
Close doors. Make sure you have your hubby grease all the hinges. (lesson learned)

4.
Rinse your hair in the shower. This one I have to say I am really proud of! I learned that if you have a lot of hair when you wring out your hair and the water hits the bottom of the tub it makes a loud noise and it can and will wake up a baby!! So here is what you do...when your hair is full of water, wring it out onto the shower curtain!!! It just slides right down into the tub rather than splatting on the bottom of it.

5.
Talk on the phone. This is obvious but go into another area of the house... another lesson learned the hard way...

6.
Play with the other kids while one is sleeping. This was a simple fix. All the rooms are down the hall way so when one of them is sleeping I just block off the hall with this great long foot stool my hubby got me. (which is now the toy box instead of a foot rest...but ya know its all about what works these days.)

7.
Laundry. It is all about closing the lids and doors gently...oh so gently.


8. Going to the restroom. Don't flush until they are all awake. Trust me.

One might say...
just do those things like you normally would do
and the kids will get use to the noise.
That sounds really simple and great.
But the reality of it is that I would have to go through A LOT of this...


When all I really want is this




So there ya have it.
A few of my hard life lessons learned
on being quite
while little ones are asleep.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me some of your tips on being quite, we all gotta stick together on this nap thing! It makes a mommas world go 'round.

PS for all of you who checked into my post because of my blog title...sorry to disappoint! I have no tips for ya there. That is not what this blog is about ;)

Love ya and thanks for reading my ramblings...

2 comments:

Erin @ Living In Yellow said...

Haha I love the title of your post..great information and definitely something I will remember when I have kiddos!

LBC said...

I just came across your blog and this entry made me think of this one on mine: http://geoffandlaura.blogspot.com/2011/09/door-bell-ditching.html
just another thing to hopefully keep the house quiet and the little ones sleeping a bit longer