Saturday, December 31, 2011

As the year ends...

The year 2011 is ending. And what a year it has been. I was reading through my devotional "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young and I could not help but reflect on this last year and how this devotional spoke so clearly of this last year. I will quote it and then explain my reason for relating to it. Her devotional is like Jesus is speaking directly to you... it is powerful.



As this year draws to a close, receive my peace. This is still your deepest need, and I, your Prince of Peace, long to pour Myself into your neediness. My abundance and your emptiness are a perfect match. I designed you to have no sufficiency of your own. I created you as a jay of clay, set apart for sacred use. I want you to be filled with My very Being, permeated through and through with Peace.



Thank Me for My peaceful Presence, regardless of your feelings. Whisper My Name in loving tenderness. My Peace, which lives continually in your spirit, will gradually work its way through your entire being.

As I read this today I wanted to talk about a few ways I felt Peace this past year.

Adoptions: Many of you who are reading this right now might be in the beautiful mess of adopting precious children from all around the world. Know that adoption is Gods heart. As we are each adopted into God's heavenly family.



In the throws of 3 failed court dates and our dossier expiring the day we passed court there was a lot of reason for worry and unrest...but by leaning on our Prince of Peace I found Peace. People would tell me all the time..."How are you so calm?!? If I was going through what you are I would be pulling my hair out!!" And every time someone would say that to me I would whisper a prayer of thankfulness to Jesus. It confirmed to me that I had a very precious Peace that I knew could only be from our God.

Speaking events: I am no public speaker!! But because of our story of adoption and redemptive hope from our miscarriage and the life changing implications this journey has given I have been asked 6 times to share our story in very big public settings! For every speaking event I would be consumed with fear! (3 of them were live radio interviews in Chicago!!) I would shake, become very short of breath, get nauseous and feel ill. Then I would remember who has brought me to this place, who gave me this story to share and I firmly believe that all of the bad that has happened to our family has been to give glory to His name! And so I would pray...and then I would feel Peace. Thank you Jesus.



Financial uncertainties: The body of Christ answering the call.

Wow is all I can say. We were able to adopt 3 children in 2 years. We started the adoption process not even one year into Darin working. When we followed Gods lead to adopt Stella and Ben not even 6 months after bring Claire home, we did it AFRAID! We have no money in our bank account! We had just brought home Claire and we still had not figured out how much it would cost to fit her into our families finances...let alone two more children...But we knew what God had laid on our hearts...and it was confirmed that we were doing the right thing! We had people give us their extra change, 20 bucks here and there, hundreds and even thousands to our family!!! There was Peace in knowing that the body of Christ was moved to help our family come together and follow a very scary, uncertain call...

Peaceful in her daddy's arms.

Darin is such a source of peace for me as well. He is such an amazing daddy. He loves these children with a unconditional love. He makes me fall in love with him more and more each day when I see his love for his babies. His love is true and pure for his family. I am so thankful for my awesome hubby!

Today I reflect and I give God thanks for the amazing year he has given us!

Please join me today in reflecting on the peacefulness of our God!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing on your rss feed and I am hoping you write once more soon!
Here is my weblog - aa batteries