Sunday, December 4, 2011

Keepin' it simple

Reflection # 2

Keeping it real, simple, and fun is where it is at these days! When the TV's are off and we are just hanging out as a family that is when I see true love shine though! When I watch the kids interact with each other and show each other love, it fills my eyes with the biggest happiest tears. My heart skips a beat. I feel my insides warm. My throat tightens. I feel pure joy. If love is a feeling I can tangibly feel it when I see them play together.





As a family we have decided to slow life down. And it has proven to deepen our love for each other as a family unit. Darin is one involved daddy. The kids LOVE him so much! When they hear the garage door open they know he is home from work and they scream in excitment! (like I would if Justin Timberlake would walk in the door!) ;)
Because of simplifying the time clutter in our lives it has given more reflection time, more time to sit back and soak up their innocence, love, simple joy, and the magic of being a child.
Life is better.I will stare in amazement at the children God has blessed us with.
I think about how happy I am to be able to keep them warm, clean, healthy, FED.
In times past I was just thankful they were asleep and I did not have to tend to their every need.
Now that we have more quality time I sit in awe and I think about how amazing it is that I am able to be in the lives and supply for the needs of these miraculous children.
Praise God!
Now I might be starting to sound a little crazy, and I understand that just a few post ago I was talking about how drained and frustrated I am with my children, and don't get me wrong there are still times where I will break. But those are few and far between these days!
Praise God. I have been renewed as a mother.
I can honestly say that every day I fall deeper and deeper in love with my precious children!
I have made a decision to keep my focus on LOVE.
It keeps my focus on the truth. The truth that God knew exactly what he was doing when he put it on our hearts to add to our family. Not just one more but 2. God knew the plans for love he had for our family. His plans were not for me to be over whelmed and frustrated. His will was for LOVE.
Pure. Simple. Love.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Jo, I love this post! (I love all of your posts, really ;)) I will need to reread this and may even come to you for guidance and redirection when my sights are "off" as I'm already feeling overwhelmed about being a mommy and the little guy's not even here yet!! Thank you for your transluence and willingness to allow others to learn from you. xo

Jolene Shrock said...

Thanks Brittany! Each day brings hope and love! It is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Love this post...thank you so much for sharing as we often have the same desire to slow down as a family...it is such a challenge as we are constantly bombarded by the technology before us! Good luck on your journey to focus on love!