Friday, January 7, 2011

Merry Christmas Indeed!

Today in Ethiopia they are celebrating Christmas! We received a wonderful gift yesterday!

You see we did not pass court when we traveled to Ethiopia because our Dossier (ALL OF OUR PAPERWORK) had been lost. I was at an absolute loss! We are using the same dossier that we used to adopt Claire and it expires in February. So when we were told that our paper work was misplaced I thought we would for sure have to start over and redo all of our paperwork!!!
I had been sending out prayer request to everyone I knew!
Even the oh so amazing Ordinary Hero Organization posted a prayer request for us 2 days ago. I Emailed Kelly Putty on the morning of the 4th. I was shaking I was so at the end of my emotional rope! I told her what had happened and asked if she would use her amazing network of adoption advocates to pray for our case! She had it posted on her blog early that morning at about 1 AM and we received some great emails and comments on our blog encouraging us to stay strong and know that God is in control! That same day at 3pm received a message from our adoption coordinator that our paperwork has been found and that everything should go through on the 13th!!! So we received an amazing gift from God! Thank you Lord!

PS Claire and I then spent about 30 minutes with the CD player as loud as it would go and we were worshiping, singing and dancing!!! :) I am normally the one laughing at her when she is dancing but I am proud to say that I had her cracking up at me!! :)

4 comments:

Matt said...

Great news! Praying for more great news shortly after the 13th.

Julie said...

Our family will be keeping you close in prayer this week! I know your heart aches and you don't understand why...but God is with you! He is with your sweeties...and He is MIGHTY to SAVE!! Praying for great news!!
Love,
The Stanley's

Kimmie said...

Praise God, praise God. Dancing right with you. Praying too!

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Renata said...

Hi Jolene
I just found your blog through Kimmie's & I'm looking forward to following along your adoption. Praise God that they found your papers! I will be praying for Thursday that it all goes smoothly & you guys pass!
Have a wonderful day
Renata:)