Friday, November 4, 2011

Why do we read blogs?

Is it just another form of entertainment?

Is it to be motivated?

Is it to be inspired?

Is it to get a glance at others lives?

Is it to become one big net work of people?

These are just a few questions I have been tossing around in my head lately.

I know why I blog. I blog to let people in on what it is like to be an unconditionally loving, imperfect, adopted, interracial, christian family. My hopes are that this blog might inspire just one family adopt!
There are so many defenseless, hopeless, mother/fatherless children out there who NEED YOU!
On the other hand I blog to bring awareness to what it happening in Ethiopia. You see my children are one of the few who got placed into a loving family. There are millions of orphans in Ethiopia alone who will never have a loving family unit. They will grow up in an orphanage...in an institution.
And then there is an entire other group of children who grow up on the streets of Ethiopia. These children are the children Awake and Alive is targeting. There is a group of young children being left at home (home is a few pieces of scrap metal put together) for up to 12 hours. Their mothers can not afford to put them into school. So there they sit all day long. Some are as young as 4!! I know all of us know some one who is 4 or close to that age! Can you imagine them being left home all day?!?

Please help Awake and Alive get these children off the streets! I can not do it alone!

If you can not give lot that is understandable but I KNOW THAT ALL OF US CAN GIVE SOMETHING! even if it is just $1!
Lets show those precious children in Kechene that they matter!!! It could of been one of my children...or yours out on the streets!
Lets not let where a child was born determine weather they live or not! They are extremely vulnerable out on the streets!
I need each one of you to give! This is where blogging goes from just reading and calls you to action!

Online fundraising for Jolene fundraising for Awake and Alive

No comments: